Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday Song

pve design photo -taken at the New York Philharmonic
historical music sheet elegantly framed
pve design -illustration for blink decor, jazzy living room
note-cards available for purchase in my pve shop on etsy
Today, a lovely young lady shall be celebrating in song. Her Mother (a repeat client) came to me looking for help with some party planning and decorations to add some charm to the campus room on the grounds of the college where her daughter shall be singing and celebrating.

A banner constructed of black and white music sheets mounted on black construction paper, hand lettered, hand cut and strung with black and white polka dotted ribbon reads, "Congratulations." A sign which reads "Music is the sound of Life" following on the theme of music sheets, hand lettering atop with some glitter and tags to wrap around each centerpiece with lovely quotes all about music. The last time I attended the New York Philharmonic, I had loved the idea of a framed piece of music, so that is where my inspiration for utilizing music sheets began. I also feel that black and white makes a strong statement and is graphically pleasing to the eye.

Congratulations to "Coop" on this Sunday. May your love of music and the gifts you share radiate from your heart and provide everlasting harmony in life, enriching others with the magic of song.

12 comments:

Debra said...

What fun-I love planning a party!
I have always liked the look of sheet music...although I cannot read a note...never could, even when I took flute lessons many years ago!!! The flute went back needless to say! Congrats to this young lady with her Sunday Song.

pve design said...

Debra,
Did you know that I play the flute and so does my daughter. Perhaps you could take lessons! I love reading music and even better listening or dancing to music!
pve

Easy and Elegant Life said...

Sounds delightful!

Mrs.E. and I made an anniversary gift of vintage framed sheet music ("True Love") to our closest friends. It was their song at the wedding.

You're a flutist! How wonderful. I can't wait for my son (and Mrs. E.) to begin piano lessons. I'm hopeless.

Purple Flowers said...

A wonderful illustration, and a great piece of sheet music. One of these days, I will tickle the ivory keys.

Karena said...

You can frame so many interesting items, and the sheet music looks so lovely. Patricia I adore your illustration!!

Karena
Art by Karena

North of 25A said...

I love celebrations that are artistic and meaningful! Sounds like it is going to be a great party.

pve design said...

Easy and Elegant,
What a thoughtful gift! I loved your recent elegant post.
Wishing you a Happy Sunday.
pve

Karena,
You can purchase the note-cards of that jazzy illustration if you like, on my etsy shop.
Happy Sunday to you.
pve

25A-
Yes, me too, each and every occasion that marks an achievement of another day or an accomplishment is to be celebrated and often times it is something hand-made or from the heart that gives the party more heart without being showy.
My sister had a pot-luck ho-down dance the day after her wedding and it was great fun, many years ago and the memory is ever-lasting.
pve
pve

Unknown said...

Sounds so lovely, and so perfect for the event!

pve design said...

zhush-
yes, I look forward to seeing the photos and sharing my "pve" design touches with you.
pve

Summer is a Verb said...

That's one way to get my hands on a pair of Eames hairs...XXOO

24 Corners said...

Oh I'm sure she was thrilled with your wonderful decorations Patricia...it sounds perfect!
I know how to play guitar but never had the patience to learn how to read music...huge regret!
I told my teacher at 13..."just show me how to play "Stairway to Heaven"! So I know how to play amazing works but have no idea what I'm doing.
Such a silly girl I was....

Have a lovely week....
Jessica~

Louise (Table Tonic) said...

Oh, I just LOVE this idea! Beautiful, meaningful and so pretty....
Louise
(Table Tonic)