Saturday, May 29, 2010

weekend of red white and blue


I cannot help but feel a sense of pride, when I start to see flags hung in preparation for the Memorial Day Weekend. Hearing marching bands, seeing those who have fought for our country wearing uniforms, riding in convertibles or on fire-trucks make me feel all emotional.
Seeing red poppies bursting against the blue of the ocean, make me smile.
Red geraniums, metal watering cans and moments in the garden to reflect and to remember those who so bravely served and to those who continue to do so for the red, white, and blue.
Happy Memorial day weekend to each of you.

all images, artwork of Childe Hassam

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Well said, Patricia!
Just this morning I read an interesting story of an American soldier in WW II fighting in Germany and the amazing way of how the war ended for him and many others in a small Bavarian town...
I am grateful for those brave ones then and now!

XX
Victoria

Karena said...

Very grateful to all who have served our country and thoughts of loved ones who have gone before us.

Karena
Art by Karena

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Lovely weekend to you Patricia!

La Maison Fou said...

gOOD WEEKEND TO YOU pATRICIA!
hAvE a FuNkY....... rEsTfUl WeEkEnD!

A Perfect Gray said...

lovely pieces and thanks so much for the reminder...

24 Corners said...

The paintings and words honor those whom we are remembering beautifully...very thankful for their sacrifices! xo

Shining Windows said...

i am proud of our country and feel blessed to live here. lovely post!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Proud to be an American for afar of all the celebrating. I will miss the parades and flags and pride. I'm thankful of my freedom no matter where I live I know I'm lucky to be American.